Sunday, July 29, 2012

Head is covered!

Okay!  After a harrowing few hours doing battle with the sewing machine, the head is covered!  I made a number of errors, but to my amazement, it didn't turn out to be a total disaster!



From a distance, he looks pretty good!  I haven't attached the beak yet, I'm just holding it in these photos. 






It looks lighter with the flash on, but the lighting in my apartment is wholly inadequate.  You can see a bit here how uneven it is, making his head a bit lumpy. 




I accidentally cut and  sewed it a bit small and the seams don't line up quite right.  Well, they line up okay on the top, but I totally missed on the chin! D'oh!  Also, i accidentally squared off the jowls more than I intended to.






The beak wound up a bit lower than I expected once the fabric was wrapped around the foam, but that's okay.  Hopefully it will open and close a little easier that way.



But on the whole, he's looking pretty good!  I have to keep reminding myself that just a couple of months ago I had never made a puppet without a sock or a paper bag... and now I'm designing one without a pattern to work from!  



No comments:

Post a Comment